After watching Part 1, I wasn't sure I'd be watching Part 2... but I'm a completionist. I needed to watch it, and to be fair, it was better... and not a horrible conclusion to the series.
1. Too many characters means no character development. They just become "The Amazon Vampires," "The Irish Vampires," etc.
2. Bella's narration. That's new, and I don't like. It's just a lazy way to give quick exposition for everything that's going on. Now, if it's Bella writing down the story for her daughter, I can almost give it a pass, but generally, that kind of voiceover is just weak.
3. Is it creepy that Jacob imprints on Bella's daughter? If he can't have Bella, and Bella's daughter grows up quickly, I guess it's okay. I suppose we should just ask Alice.
At least in Part 2, I don't feel like we're waiting for stuff to happen. The pacing has picked up, and so I was into the story for the most part... nothing dragged.
Do we need another Bella/Edward life montage? I get it. This time, she is somehow able to share it with Edward, but we just saw a very similar montage in Part 1.
Rating: 2/5 stars

Comments
Post a Comment