How many Marvel movies have they made now? Maybe 40? And this is the 3rd Spiderman franchise made this century... I'm not complaining, but I did take a little break from watching superhero movies. I still watch all of them, but it did become a little much to watch each as it came out in theaters.
On this re-watch, I found myself appreciating the humor. A good superhero movie usually benefits from the humor. To me, that's probably what makes Spider-Man: Homecoming a Top 5 Marvel movie. I mean, that's a big claim, but the movie hummed the entire time without one flat note.
Watching it this time with my daughter, I loved seeing her cringe at all the awkwardness of high school it depicted. That tells me that the script writers got it right.
Michael Keaton as Vulture: Keaton is one of my favorites, and he played his part here perfectly. Makes me want to go back and watch Birdman.
Out of all the dudes to recently play Spider-Man, Tom Holland might be the only one I don't find to be a little annoying. I like the side characters, and Marisa Tomei is fine as Aunt May.
For reviewers who thought this one was just average or "nothing special," I'm not sure what they were looking for, or what they thought was missing. I saw that some thought the ending was a little flat, but why? I liked the ending, with the added complication of May finding out that her nephew is Spidey. I also appreciated that Vulture didn't "rat out" Peter Parker in prison.
Rating: 5/5 stars

Comments
Post a Comment