Man. The team that did the 2nd Final Destination is back with another chance. They have a $40 million budget. How do they use it? They don't hire any high-end acting talent. They don't use it to write a script. And quite honestly, I can't say they use it for special effects, because I've seen equivalent CGI used in C-level films. Nick (Bobby Campo) is the one with the visions. Is there a reason he would need to have visions in CGI?
Going into this film, I cheated and looked ahead. What I saw scared me. First, they dropped the number from the film. Second, for an already gimmicky franchise, they filmed this one, apparently, in 3D. Third, whereas in the first film, when they took the time to be clever with character names, in this one, they don't even bother to name most of the characters -- Cowboy, Racist, Racist's Wife, MILF, Girl on Top.
And, a personal note: No Bludworth? Seriously? As minor a character as Bludworth has been, you could find a way to include him somewhere in this mess?
The one positive is that this film is shorter than usual -- just 82 minutes. It felt like it could have been even shorter. The fourth installment really felt like it was completely out of gas. And not surprisingly, this is likely to be the worst movie I've watched in 2026, and I've watched over 470 movies thus far this year, so that's quite the feat.
Rating: 0.5/5 stars

Comments
Post a Comment